Clear Aligners in Winnepeg
Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth; and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
Clear aligners are an alternative to traditional metal braces. They are made from a hard plastic that is designed from 3-dimensional virtual impressions of your mouth. In place, these aligners are practically invisible against your teeth. They are also removable. However, for the best results, they should be worn for 20 to 22 hours every day, and should only be taken out to eat or brush and floss your teeth.
You can get the look you want with Clear Aligners. When considering your options for orthodontic work, ask Dr. Dumore about the Clear Aligners system in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It can straighten your teeth without the use of metal brackets. In fact, patients love the clear, nearly invisible look. Dr. Dumore can show you how to get the look you want discreetly. You may have heard of brands of aligners such as Invisalign. We offer a comprehensive plan for you to have clear aligners with the best from Dr. Dumore and team!
What are Clear Aligners?
A modern take on traditional braces, the Clear Aligners system will straighten your teeth, helping you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted, in a nearly invisible way. Dr. Dumore uses advanced 3D imaging to keep an accurate view of your teeth in their current position, and he can then create a model of the desired end result.
With a Clear Aligners treatment plan created, he can then order a series of custom, clear aligners designed to slowly shift your teeth to their final position.
Once your aligners are ready, the patient will wear each aligner in the series for about two weeks, or as prescribed by Dr. Dumore, and then replace the aligner with the next one in the series.
Your Clear Aligners treatment time will be determined by Dr. Dumore based on your specific needs.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
Clear Aligners has many benefits and is growing in use and popularity. Today, more than 1,000,000 patients worldwide have been treated using the Clear Aligners system. That number is growing daily.
At your next appointment with Dr. Dumore, ask about the Clear Aligners system and if it is right for you.
At Dr. Dumore & Team Orthodontics, we understand that braces are not always right for every patient, we are proud to offer so many variations to get the orthodontic work done that can improve our patient’s bite and the positioning of their teeth.
Dr. Tim Dumore is available to answer all of your questions about braces, Clear Aligners and more, including what style may be most appropriate for your situation.
For more information, contact our Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada office at: 204-832-3910.
- You do not have to alter your diet for Clear Aligners. Do you want to eat something sticky or crunchy? Simply remove your Clear Aligners and then replace it when you are done.
- Is nearly invisible. Most people that you engage in conversations with will never see your Clear Aligners appliance.
- You can brush and floss your teeth without interference. Patients simply remove the device, brush and floss as normal, brush their aligner, and replace it.
- You can remove your aligners, once in awhile, on those special nights, when you want to look your best.
- With Clear Aligners, patients do not need to change a thing, they can continue their day-to-day activities.
- Patients love that with Clear Aligners, they do not have to hide their smile.
- Patients love that they get to spend less time in the chair, Dr. Dumore can see you, and your progress, much less frequently.
- No metal braces, no brackets, no wires. Clear Aligners does not cause sore spots, or irritation, because there is no metal rubbing.
- Lastly, Clear Aligners allows the patient to view the end results through our virtual model, you get to see your virtual results and treatment plan before you start, so you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.
How do Clear Aligners work?
Clear aligners consist of a series of aligners. You are meant to wear each aligner for two weeks at a time, and the next aligner is slightly different from the one before it. The hard plastic of the aligners puts pressure on your teeth. This, in turn, puts pressure on your periodontal ligaments (the ligaments that hold your teeth in place). This pressure forces your ligaments to widen. The aligners work to guide your teeth into their proper positions.
Your treatment time using clear aligners will vary based on your specific situation. Typically, treatment lasts between 9 and 15 months. Most patients see results in less than a year. In rare cases, treatment may last up to 2 years. Depending on your needs, you may go through anywhere from 18 to 30 sets of aligners.
If your smile, and oral health, have been affected by crooked teeth, but you want to avoid traditional metal braces, you may be eligible for clear aligners.
Contact Dr. Tim Dumore & Team today to learn more.
Find out if you are a candidate for clear aligners by scheduling a consultation. A series of custom clear aligners you remove for eating and brushing your teeth can be a nearly invisible way to create your smile.